The EGX unit
Ennox is currently working with partners to finalize an EGX unit that wil be certified and documented for offshore installation, adhering to the strict regulations in effect on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
EGX will be Best Available Technology for treatment of drill cuttings and oil waste offshore.
The process is branded Ennox Green Extraction (EGX) and wil separate over 99.9% of oil solids allowing oil to be reintroduced into the market. EGX is a result of several years of R&D by Norwegian researchers in collaboration with University of Wismar in Germany (Department of Environmental Engineering/Waste and Recycling Technology).
In 2011, the first process was successfully tested and documented. Second generation of the EGX was developed and documented in 2013.
Scalable and mobile
- Using certified and standardized components, the process is scalable and offers an easy-to-build and move solution.
- Fit in a standard 20 foot container
- Can be installed at source – offshore or well site
- Throughput: 10+ ton per hour
- No heat – no burning of fuel or gas
- No harmful chemicals used
- Oil can be reintroduced to value chain
- Simple to operate
- Easy maintenance – no moving parts in extraction process
- No CO2 emission from operation – no vapours
- Minimal water consumption
- Minimal surfactant loss
- Surfactant is 100% green certified for release
Typical extraction rate Close to 100%
TPH on solids Less than 1%
Solids in recovered oil Less than 1%
Water in recovered oil Less than 1%
Oil in recovered water Less than 100 PPM
Length 6.1 m
Width 2.4 m
Height 2.6 m
Space requirement 15.86 m2
Energy consumption TBD